Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Character:
The heroes of the story
The character central to the story
The character or situation that is opposed/ in conflict with the main character
4 Types of Characterization
What are the 4 techniques a writer uses to develop characters?
The people, animals and creatures that make your story come to life
WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS
IN YOUR STORY?
what they look like
Speech and action of the character-
what the character says about themselves and what they do
Direct comment from the narrator-
what the narrator says directly about the character
Speech and action of other characters
- what other characters say about them or acts around them
How they look or dress and how that shapes their character
Speech and Actions of the Character
Direct Comment From the Narrator
Speech and Action of Other Characters
Direct versus indirect characterization
Pro- in favor of
What the character says and does to help the reader understand them better
Comments that the author or narrator says that give us direct insight into a character
What other characters say or do that reveal another character's personality, behavior or actions