Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of x
by Beth Romano & Jeff Berg
Patient Vital Signs:
Name: Joe Bloggs
Temp: 98.8 deg F
Pulse: 82 beats pm
Oxygen: 15 breaths pm
Ankle injury 1 year ago
Trouble at work completing complicated tasks
Trouble sleeping, not eating, losing weight.
Recently father passed away
Mother passed from pneumonia, after mysterious illness that left her unable to walk, eat, or dress herself.
Losing interest; possible depression
Walk with rapid and jerky body movements
Mental state tests
Blood test for genetic marker on Chromosome 4
MRI/CT & PET scans
Chromosomal test came back indicating the HD gene
Scans showed deterioration of cerebrum
Medications to help with symptoms (i.e. depression)
Maintain physical fitness as much as possible
There is no cure or reversal of disease
Counseling for patient and family
The Future of HD
-Video game exercise
-Deep brain stimulation