Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of FOREVER 21
- Fast fashion is popular and growing
- Consumer desire to connect their lives to their phones
A Convenient Smartphone App
The Mobile Point of Sale
An app that allows customers to purchase Forever 21 merchandise through their mobile phone
Traits & Attributes
- Easy to use
- Easily accessible
- Capitalize off of impulse buy
- An improved shopping experience
- Establish Forever 21 as an innovative brand
- Make purchase process more efficient
- Incorporate client info to existing data base
- Open a new channel of communication
Forever 21 App Design
-Forever 21 would be the first fast fashion store to implement mobile point of sale.
-Efficiency will trump competitors until they develop their own mobile point of sale apps.
The Target Audience
- females ages 17-24
-smart phone owners
- access to credit card
- all income levels
- current Forever 21 or other fast fashion customers
- Has proven to be a worthy contender to stores like Aeropostale and H&M
- Must continue to innovate to stay ahead; a mobile point of sale app is an edge
-Retailers' customer base is sufficiently tech-savy to make use of this app
- Founded in 1984 by current CEO Do Won (Don) Chang and his wife in Los Angeles, California.
- Intensive growth period from 1995 onwards.
- To date, nearly 500 stores worldwide, five different brands, and three different store formats.
-A free app that would be available on both the Apple App Store and Google Play for the iPhone and Android smartphone markets
Aligned with the Target Market
-One in four teens are heavy phone internet users
-In general, online shopping has seen a 20% increase in revenue from 2011 to 2012
-47% of teens who have cell phones have a smartphone
-One-third of college aged students aged 18-25 would make purchases through an app on their phone.
- PayPal will be integrated for quick, easy, and secure payments
-Our PayPal method will look as follows:
Goal- take the ease of purchasing clothing online
and connect it to impulse buyers at the point of sale
inside the store.
Goal- Encourage customers to visit Forever 21 in person and try out the F21 App, a revolutionary idea that will make shopping faster and easier. It is about integrating their smartphone with their shopping experience.
- Email blasts with description of app & link to download
- Social Media Posts: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube
-Website redesign: Home page ad with link to download app
-Various online ads: Emphasize the app’s ability to provide an easier shopping experience
-In-store advertising: Increase shopper awareness to the F21 app
Check-out counter flyers, in-store banners, app-themed displays
Sales force reminding customers of the app
Company Financial Profile
-Privately held company
- $2.6 Billion in revenue, $124 Million in profit for 2011
-$3.4 Billion in revenue , $135 Million in profit for 2012
- 30.8% increase in revenue, 8.9% increase in profit year over year
-#196 in 2010, #162 in 2011, #121 in 2012 largest private company as rated by Forbes
As of fiscal year 2012
- App creation: technology, design, content development
- App marketing: advertising
- App maintenance: employee training & operations upkeep
- Sales: Direct & indirect purchasing
- 3% to 5% increase in sales
- Cost reduction
The Bottom Line
The growth in revenue outweighs the costs of app implementation
Jimena Chavarria, Jessica Reed, Justine Wallace, Spencer Graham, Stepahnie Lopez
Novermber 19th, 2013