Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Does music affect memory?
Transcript of Does music affect memory?
We believe that Students under the classical music condition will remember the most words, whereas students under pop music condition will have the lowest score.
* Field experiment
*all boarding schools
* Opportunity sampling
* Repeated measures:
- No music
- Classical music
- Pop music
* 7 minutes for learing
* 3 lists of 25 native language words
Why boarders & boarders rooms?
*recruiting through teachers & posters
*reward for participation
* 5th year student
* Checking time management
* Checking Level of stress for participants
* Checking the word lists
Rules for participants !
Why repeated measures design?
Did you have enough time?
Did you feel under pressure?
How are you feeling?
What do you think about the choice of words?
How do you think you did?
* Participant gives you more data
* Natural environment
* Comparing scores: individuals & groups
- Order effect
- Different sets of words
Our hypothesis was not confirmed in pilot study