Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Two Scavengers in a Truck, Two Beautiful People in a Mercedes
Transcript of Two Scavengers in a Truck, Two Beautiful People in a Mercedes
Two Beautiful People in a Mercedes By Lawrence Ferlinghetti Structure Over lapped lines to show the overlapping of society
The lines meet in the middle to symbolise how the two different classes are meeting at the traffic lights Theme Unfairness of society Poetic Devices "and looking down into" Metaphor -
the scavengers do not like
the rich people. "grey iron hair" Metaphor - straight hair
describes the colour "like some gargoyle Quasimodo" Simile - scary and ugly
looking "small gulf" Oxymoron - emphasises how close they
are physically but in society they are miles apart Content Two different classes meet at some traffic lights, the poem describes their meeting at that small point in their journey and describes the differences between the two societies