Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Effect of Factors on a Simple Pendulum
Transcript of The Effect of Factors on a Simple Pendulum
Which factors affect the period of a simple pendulum?
a. mass of pendulum
b. length of string
c. angle of string
The factors that affect the period of a pendulum are the mass of the pendulum and the length of the string.
According to the averages in the data tables, the period (in seconds) increased as the mass increased and as the string length increased.
Explanation for Difference in Claims
Any difference in claims between our group and any other can most likely be linked to human error.
1. Gather materials.
2. Construct pendulum.
3. Choose a factor to test on the period of a pendulum.
4. Change setup accordingly and run a trial.
5. Record data.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for remaining factors.
(period in seconds)
Comparison to Other Groups' Claims
Kyarria's group - same claims
Tyra's group - same claims
Yi's group - same claims
Carson's group - same claims
Micah's group - string length only
Comparison to Book
Our claims were identical to the book's information.
string 48 cm,
string 48 cm,
(averages on bottom row