Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Navigating the Journey of Close Reading
Transcript of Navigating the Journey of Close Reading
Close reading is taught in many different ways. It is a teaching method that imbeds reading strategies authentically within. Text complexity is key, as is
questioning and accountable talk.
What is Close Reading?
Dr. Douglas Fisher Explains
Now let's see close reading in action in a kindergarten classroom. In the primary grades, close reading can be considered close listening.
As we progress through the grade levels, close listening becomes close reading. In this video, you will see students completing a cold read and then having accountable talks about the text.
Now that we've seen close reading strategies in action, how do put it in action in our classrooms?
Close reading is about digging
deeper, and asking students to think
about what is beyond the surface of a text. Close reading can be done in a read-aloud, with with the teacher asking text-dependent questions.