Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Evan Spiegel
Founder of Snapchat
- Born in Los Angeles, California in 1990 (Age 24)
- Educated at the Crossroads School for Art and Sciences in Santa Monica
- Attended Stanford University
- Was in Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Had unpaid internship at Red Bull
- Snapchat was started by Evan Spiegel as a project for one of his classes at Stanford University
- When Spiegel presented the idea of impermanent photos to his class the other students laughed and criticized his idea
- Snapchat was first launched in July 2011 under the name Picaboo, thought the name was later changed to Snapchat
- The app's mascot is called "Ghostface Chillah", a name Spiegel derived from Ghostface Killah of the hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan
History of Snapchat
- In May 2012, 25 images were being sent per second
- As of November 28, 2012, users had shared over one billion photos on the Snapchat iOS app, with 20 million photos being shared per day.
- In November 2012, Spiegel cited problems with scaling, as the userbase increased, as the reason for why Snapchat was experiencing difficulties with delivering images in real time
More History of Snapchat
Spiegel exhibited perseverance early on, when he first introduced the idea of Snapchat. His classmates thought the idea had no potential, but he still worked hard to go through with the project and fully develop the app.
He also exhibited innovation, as the idea of an app which allowed users to send impermanent images had never been thought of before.
Evan Spiegel Traits
(name of Snapchat logo)
Drawing on a picture in Snapchat
By Dan Halperin
New Snapchat logo