Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
RELT20121 Religion, Culture & Gender Teaser
Transcript of RELT20121 Religion, Culture & Gender Teaser
Put on your
Enter the world of
women's & men's
roles & representations
the Amidah prayer
Pope Benedict XVI. in the traditional red papal shoes:
surely red shoes are for girls? Who decides?
the religious communities and traditions which you will study
aspects of contemporary life
which you will study
the lens through which you will look at religion & culture
the route your studies will take:
from the individual to the community, from broader religious concepts to the divine
to give you a taste that the study of religion, culture and gender is fun as well as serious, please click on the link to watch a short film by British director Sam Leifer. "The Honeymoon Suite" imagines the clumsy first steps of a Jewish Orthodox arranged marriage.
what 'gender issues' do you encounter in your average day?
this module allows you to think about them academically with the help of a wide range of theories from the disciplines of theology, psychology, sociology, literary studies, cultural studies and more.