Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Socratic Seminars
What you need
A collaborative, intellectual dialogue spurred by open-ended questions that encourage critical reading, deep thinking, and active listening skills.
Text (or film clip)
Outer circle/inner circle
Confidence in Speaking
Developing Critical Thinking
Across the Curriculum
The participants carry the burden
of responsibility for the quality
of the discussion.
It is a discussion, not a debate.
• Annotate text
Don’t raise hands
• Listen carefully
• Address one another respectfully
Socrates thought it was more important for students to think for themselves than to merely fill their heads with "right'' answers. The seminar is a method to try to understand information.
read, think, write
severely limited voice
prepared, informed, supported
teacher and student generated