Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Neolithic and Urban Revolutions
Transcript of The Neolithic and Urban Revolutions
shift in subsistence strategies occurring between 15,000-12,000 B.P.
-independently developed in Middle East, North & South China, Sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern US, Central Mexico, & Southern Andes
Why did food production begin in the Middle East?
Did this lead to a sedentary lifestyle?
How did food production enter into Europe?
Was food production via agriculture "progress"?
- centralized political system, governed through a chief
-centralized political system, with a bureaucracy
-elite, bureaucracy, populace
How do we know that ranked chiefdoms existed in the Middle East?
What factors contributed to state formations? How does this relate to the Inca state?
What do excavations of Roman villas tell us about the Roman economy and social stratification?
Why do states collapse? Why did the Mayan state collapse?