Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Malcolm X
Why is he a famous leader?
His Leadership Style
Interesting Facts etc. Purpose Of this Presentation Conclusion Why Was This Man a Famous Leader? "a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything" Questions? "The angriest black man in America" “We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.” “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” "I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color." Management Style By: Maham Khan Autobiography 1952 1960 1965 The Birth of a New Leader Malcolm X (Little) was born on May 19th, 1925 in Omaha, Nebraska Nation of Islam Converted to the Nation in Islam in Prison The Life of a Troubled Youth Dropped out of school at 15 The Beginning of a New man 400 to 40,000 Nation of Islam member 1963 Leaving the Nation of Islam 1939 Death & Legacy Evening of February 21 before delivering a speech Malcolm X was shot 1925 4th of 8 children born to Louise & Earl Little Faced harassment & racism before he was even born Became acquainted with the city's underground criminals (Boston) Arrested and sentenced to 10 years of jail for larceny. (1946) Worked with Leader Elijah Muhammad 1960: Muhammad Speaks to promote Nation of Islam in newspaper Passionate speeches won him followers Became leading voice of Civil Rights movement Realized Elijah Muhammad had another identity. Performed Hajj and became Muslim. Changed his name to: El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz Changed perspective "The true brotherhood I had seen had influenced me to recognize that anger can blind human vision," Shot 15 times, pronounced dead at the age of 39 Civil Rights Hero. outspoken and extremely critical stance regarding the treatment of blacks Wanted rights for blacks in general Charismatic Fought for what he believed in Conversion to Islam Mission Before: Equality for Blacks After: Crush Racial Difference "Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." Separate Black Community Preach Islam Characteristics of Malcolm X Influential Charismatic A Goal Commitment Outspoken, Powerful Ability to make impact Able to grow Motivation Shared a common goal Passionate Speeches eg. Black Panther Party Conversion to Islam His actions Transformational Leader Why Did I Choose this Leader? Awareness Religion Why was he famous? A freedom fighter who wanted equality Became one of the most influential people in history Stood up for what he believed in Powerful message Inspirational Clear communication of goals Passion and Motivation Idealized Influence Lead by example Good communication skills Able to enhance followers Challenged his followers The End! Thank you for listening Citations
1) (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.academia.edu/486683/THE_INFLUENCE_AND_IMPACT_OF_MALCOM_X_POLITICAL_PHILOSOPHY_ON_THE_RACIAL_EMANCIPATION_OF_AFRICAN-AMERICANS_AND_BEYOND 2)Prive, T. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyaprive/2012/12/19/top-10-qualities-that-make-a-great-leader/2/ 3) Malcolm , X. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/malcolm_x.html 4)Pedia, W. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Autobiography_of_Malcolm_X