Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Eureka Stockade
to the video!! Group Discussion http://www.nfsa.gov.au/digitallearning/heritage/eureka.html 1. When did the Eureka Stockade happen?
2. Why did the miners fight the
3. What symbol did they use?
4. What did this symbol stand for?
5. What did the miners achieve
from this revolution Review questions: Eureka flag Southern cross is a prominent constellation seen from the southern hemisphere
This represents the geographical location of Australia
The 5 stars represent stars found in the constellation such as Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Epsilon which is the centre star What does it mean? Talk about your diorama with your group mates.
Write these things on your book:
1. Materials (Remember, you are going to bring these materials)
2. Plan (What are you going to do? How are you going to do it?
Plans can be drawn or bullet points
Create your own flag Southern cross
5 stars, 1 in each corner and
1 in the centre of the cross
Don't forget to colour it in!! Group 7 1. People started to come in Ballarat once they heard about the gold rush Group 8 2. People left homes, started to set up tent and began digging for gold Group 6 3. Government decided that every miner needs to pay license worth 30 shillings Group 3 4. Scobie was murdered and the miners burnt down the Eureka hotel Group 9 5. Miners formed Ballarat Reform League but soldiers was sent to enforce law Group 5 6. Miners armed themselves for protection against the soldiers Group 10 7. The miners raised a new flag (Eureka flag) as a symbol of defiance Group 1 8. Soldiers attacked the stockade where 30 miners and 5 soldiers were killed Group 2 9. Peter Lalor was elected as the Victorian President Group 4 10. Created a monument to remember the Eureka stockade