Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Black Hawk Down
Transcript of Black Hawk Down
3. Survival of people relies on hero: In the film Black Hawk Down survival of the people rely on the U.S. Army. If the U.S. Army is able to capture the warlord he will stop killing.
4. Battle is of great importance: In the film Black Hawk Down this battle is of great importance. This battle includes a high death toll and two U.S. black hawk helicopters were shot down also.
5. Hero is larger-than-life: In the film Black Hawk Down the U.S. Army plays the role of the hero. They end up trying to help the people of Somalia by capturing the warlord. This battle results in a few U.S. soldiers deaths. However, they are able to kill many of the Somalians doing harm compared to how little U.S. troops they have in the area.
6.Hero battles a fierce opponent: In the film Black Hawk Down the U.S. Army battles a fierce opponent which is the Somalians. The survivors of two black hawk helicopters that got shot down and crashed were also taken, beaten, and tortured by angry Somalians.
7. Epic shows values of a culture: In the film Black Hawk Down the Somalians show that they have pride. This movie shows how Somalian civilians fight in a militia against invaders.
Black Hawk Down is based on a true story. It was part of history that happened in 1993. The movie was published in 2001. It was directed by Ridley Scott and there is also a book about this story. Mark Bowden was the author.
1. Hero travels to a far off place: In the film Black Hawk Down the U.S. Army plays the role of the hero as they travel to Somalia.
2. Battle is between good vs. evil: In the film Black Hawk Down the U.S. Army traveled to Somalia to capture their warlord. When they arrived they were attacked by angry Somalians and a war broke out.
By: Mike Cavanaugh and Eric Miekley
This movie was filmed in Morocco. Actor Brendan Sexton stated in a radio interview that the version of the film which made it into theaters differed from the original clip. He stated that many scenes asking hard questions of the U.S. troops with regard to the violent realities of war, and the true purpose of their mission in Somalia were cut out. Some unique filming feature include that some of the scenes on the monitors behind Major General Garrison are actual satellite images of the battle. Another unique filming feature include that some of the radio chatter in the movie was taken from actual radio transmissions made during the battle. The film crew had trouble getting Black Hawk Helicopters into the country and the film was about Black Hawk helicopters so that was kind of a problem. That was a problem faced by the crew and cast.
1. "They won't understand why we do it. They wont understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is." This quote portrays the epic element that survival of people relies on hero.
2. "If we don't hold down this city we are gonna have 100 caskets to fill by morning." This quote portrays the epic element that battle is of great importance : large scale.
This video clip portrays the epic element hero battles a fierce opponent.