Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
29. PAST PERFECT CONTINOUS 2
Transcript of 29. PAST PERFECT CONTINOUS 2
What do you do to get rid of stress?
What is something you are obsessed with?
PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS
To start this class we will answer the following questions. Do it with at least 3 different classmates
Ice Breaker Questions
Your coach will explain the following information in order to have a clear idea about Past Perfect Continuous Tense.
I had been watching
You had been studying
He had been working
Subject + HAD BEEN+ Verb (ING) + Complement
I had NOT been watching
You had NOT been studying
He had NOT been working
Had I been watching ?
Had you been studying ?
Had he been working ?
Answer the following questions on your notebook by selecting the correct option.
a. The old man ______on the corner until you came.
A) has slept B) had been sleeping
b. I ________ the violin before my dad arrived.
A) had been practicing B) have slept
c. How long ________ English before you moved to USA?
A) had you been learning B) had you learned
d. The students ________ for the results until yesterday.
A) had been waiting B) have waited
e. Henry ________ TV before you called him.
A) has watched B) had been watching
1) EL HABIA ESTADO TOMANDO LECHE DEL CARTON CUANDO MI MAMA ENTRO A LA COCINA.
2) EL HABIA ESTADO TRABAJANDO EN LA COMPAÑIA POR CINCO ANOS CUANDO LO ASCENDIERON.
3) MARTHA HABIA ESTADO CAMINANDO TRES MILLAS POR DIA ANTES DE QUEBRARSE LA PIERNA.
4) EL PROGRAMA QUE FUE TERMINADO HABIA ESTADO TRABAJANDO BIEN DESDE 1945.
5) ELLOS HABIEN ESTADO TIRANDO PIEDRAS A LA VENTANA ANTES DE QUEBRARLA.
YOUR COACH WILL MAKE TEAMS IN ORDER TO TRANSLATE THE SENTENCES BELOW. THE TEAM WHICH TRANSLATES MORE SENTENCES WILL WIN.
STAND UP AND CHOOSE A TALK PARTNER TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. SWITCH COUPLES EVERY
Today we will use the past perfect continuous to express actions in the past, while expressing a long duration.
Watch the following video and write down sentences using the grammar tense we have been studying today.
Kim had been planning how to ask for permission to.....
What had you been doing yesterday before going to bed?
Every day you come to class, You Must...
One question at the time, 2 students participate individually after each practice , keep it interesting and fun!!