Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Chinese philosophy
A Strong Society
The only way to create a strong society was to make strict laws and enforce them with rewards for good behavior and harsh punishment for poor behavior.
They thought that the rulers should trust no one, so their kingdom does not get overthrown by others.
How did the Zhou apply the teachings of legalism?
The founder of legalism was Hanfeizi.
Hanfeizi lived from 280 bc. to 233 bc. that's a good 57 years.
How Hanfeizi believed a ruler should govern
Hanfeizi thought that he should make some laws such as...
Fa- a law or principle clearly written and in public
Shu- method, tactic or art secrets to make sure others dont take over the state
Shi- legitimacy, power or charisma. it is the position of the ruler with the power
The civil servants should be watched.