Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Traumatic Reinactment
What Happened To Us....???
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it..."
Our Role In Reactments
We have our own histories, our “stuff” can sometimes intersect with their “stuff”
By being in their reenactment we experience it ourselves
We have to be very aware of our own visceral reactions because we can get pulled in unconsciously…
The Triangle In Action...
Curtis had a real bad night. He couldn't sleep because his parent's had company over, and he has to sleep on the couch. The cops also came and arrested his father during the night.
When Curtis got to Hopeworks, Rubin poked Curtis on the side. Curtis became very upset and began lashing out at Rubin. it was over the top, and got close to a physical confrontation.
Rubin later went to David and told him what happened. After hearing this, David felt compelled to have a sit down with Curtis and Rubin to discuss the situation and how they could have handled it differently.
How Does this Apply To You?
Exposure To Adversity
Problematic decision making,
Helpless About Solving Their Problems
Abusive Use Of Power
Foreshortened sense of future
Failure of Imagination
Feel Hopeless, Helpless
• Feels powerless and inadequate
• Does not take responsibility for themselves or their own power and feelings
• Looks to the Rescuer to take care of them
• Can stay trapped as the victim, feeling that the Rescuer let them down
Needs Someone To Blame
Uses force, control, punishment and power
Denies his/her weaknesses the same way
Rescuers deny their needs
Does not take responsibility for themselves, takes responsibility for the Victim
Unaware of their own needs and feelings, so they
focus on the needs and feelings of others; they “rescue” someone else
Often feels taken advantage of, resentful, used and unappreciated
Looking At The Triangle, What Role Do You Play?