Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
5 Themes of Geography of Jamaica
Transcript of 5 Themes of Geography of Jamaica
Absolute ~ 18, 15 degrees north
77, 0 degrees west
Relative~ it is an island in the west indies, South of Cuba and North of Columbia
Jamaica has 3 different regions: coastal plains, central hills and plateaus. They have the most recognizable rainforest, They speak creole. Their climate is hot, humid, and tropical.
They use ships and planes as transportation of food and other supplies.
They use cars, bikes,mini buses ,planes,ships,taxis, and trucks as transportation of people.
Jamaicans depend on their country for foods such as bananas, mangoes,and more
Jamaicans pollute the air using cement factories. They harm the ground plants and animals as they dig for bauxite
(an amorphous clayey rock that is the chief commercial ore of aluminum. It consists largely of hydrated alumina with variable proportions of iron oxides.)
Physical~ Blue mountains thickly covered with trees.Kingston is the capital and most populated.
Human~ Ocho Rios and Montego Bay are tourist places. Spanish towns has a lot of historical buildings