Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Grasslands:
There are some grasslands in the middle of North America. Mainly in Asia and Europe, and all throughout Australia. There are some grasslands in Africa. The only place that doesn't have grasslands is Antarctica.
What makes your ecosystem unique?
About one quarter of the earth is covered by grasslands. Grasslands are large areas with lots of grass and flowers. In this ecosystem, trees have a very hard time because the soil is often too dry.
10 facts about the Grasslands
1. Savannas,prairies, and pampas are grasslands
2. 25% of the world is grassland
3. Grasslands are the mix between a desert and a forest
4. The weather can be as hot as 100+ degrees and as cold as -40
5. Grassland have a barley any trees
6. The two main seasons are: a growing and a dormant
7. In temperate grasslands it rains 25-60 inches. every year
8. In North America buffalo grass, sunflower, and crazy weed
9. It's so dry the grass sometimes lights on fire
10. It's most likely to storm on dry nights
Created by Logan & Anisa
What factors in your ecosystem are biotic and abiotic?
Some biotic factors are bison, pronghorn, gophers, coyotes and etc. Climate is a harsh abiotic because of rainfall, temperature, wind and ground moisture, etc. Grass is biotic, so is moss and trees.
What is your ecosystem?
Where is it located on the planet?