Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Welcome to Bear Nation! 8th Grade Parent/Student Night
Transcript of Welcome to Bear Nation! 8th Grade Parent/Student Night
Monday, March 5, 2018
Class of 2022
CLASS OF 2022: FRESHMAN YEAR
8TH GRADE PARENT/STUDENT NIGHT
Trevor Abbs, Assistant Principal
Michelle Kisch, Academy Coordinator
Tami Treaster, School Counselor
Amy Huber, ILC / AVID Coordinator
Debora McCarty, PTO President
Claire Jordan, PTO Member
Nery DiDeo, Volunteer Coordinator
Michael Eisen, SJVS Franchise Manager
TYPICAL FRESHMAN SCHEDULE
by Ms. Tami Treaster
CLASS OF 2022
4 Credits: English
4 Credits: Math
3 Credits: Science
3 Credits: Social Studies
1 Credit: Performing, Fine, or Practical Art
1 Credit: HOPE
8 Credits: Electives
At least one of the above courses taken virtually
2.0 UNWEIGHTED GPA
Student Course Verifications will show all the classes that have been recommended by your current teachers. If you are missing a core class, ask your teacher to write in your recommendation.
CORE ACADEMIC COURSE PROGRESSION (reference handout)
COURSE REQUESTS/ELECTIVE WORKSHEET
WHEN AND WHERE
TOP 9 RISING FRESHMEN MYTHS
DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
School Counselors will review your requests at your registration appointment and put on 7 courses to be scheduled.
If you don’t meet the requirements of the class, you may complete a re-evaluation request form. We will check at the end of the 4th quarter to see if you meet the requirements for the class.
PSAT – A score of 48 or higher on an appropriate assessment.
Bring completed and signed "Student Course Verification" and "Elective worksheet"
Select and prioritize 5 elective choices.
Please select carefully! If it is on your sheet as a choice, you WILL NOT be removed from the course
THANK YOU TO
SJCSD HONORS CRITERIA
1. MYTH!! Community service hours are required for graduation.
2. MYTH!! Foreign Language courses are required for graduation.
3. MYTH!! American Sign Language is not accepted by the State public college/university system.
4. MYTH!! It is easy to complete HOPE online over the summer.
5. MYTH!! St Johns Virtual School isn't open over the summer.
6. MYTH!! Freshmen get the last priority scheduling for courses.
7. MYTH!! The lowest grade a student can receive at Bartram Trail High School is a 50%.
8. MYTH!! Colleges/Universities don't look at your Freshman grades.
9. MYTH!! I can graduate with all D's since it is considered a passing grade.
SCIENCE - MATH RELATIONSHIP
- Students must be enrolled in Geometry Honors to take Biology 1 Honors as a freshman
PLEASE EXIT THE DOORS AT FRONT RIGHT OF THE AUDITORIUM
Elective course choice, either Spanish or American Sign Language
To take a World Language Freshman year, students should be enrolled in English 1 Honors
FRESHMEN ORIENTATION IS AUGUST 1!!
Ms. Crossen, Director
Ms. Williamson, Assistant Director/Choreographer
Ms. Barb Mattingly, Director
- Thursday, April 19 @7pm
- Friday, April 20 @7pm
- Saturday, April 21 @2pm & 7pm
Grades – A grade of “C” or better in the previous honors course. Students earning an “A” in a previous standard class, may be recommended for Honors or AP.
FSA/EOC – Level 4 or 5 in appropriate area and not less than a level 3 in any area
PLAN – A score of 170 (English), 210 (Math), or higher on the appropriate assessment.
Changes to requests can be made through April 6th (via provided email ONLY)
SCHEDULE PREVIEW IN HAC: JULY 13TH
Schedule changes can be requested during orientation and/or the first 5 days of school
TIMELINE (reference handout):
WELCOME TO BEAR NATION!