Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Welcome to Bear Nation! 8th Grade Parent/Student Night
Transcript of Welcome to Bear Nation! 8th Grade Parent/Student Night
by Mr. Chris Phelps
by Mr. Trevor Abbs
Thursday, February 13, 2017
Class of 2021
CLASS OF 2021: FRESHMAN YEAR
WELCOME TO BEAR NATION!
8TH GRADE PARENT/STUDENT NIGHT
Trevor Abbs, Assistant Principal
Michelle Kisch, Career Specialist
Tami Treaster, School Counselor
Christina Jeffreys, AVID Coordinator
Debora McCarty, PTO President
Nery DiDeo, Volunteer Coordinator
Michael Eisen, SJVS Franchise Manager
TYPICAL FRESHMAN SCHEDULE
by Ms. Tami Treaster
CLASS OF 2021
4 Credits: English
4 Credits: Math
3 Credits: Science
3 Credits: Social Studies
1 Credit: Performing, Fine, or Practical Art
1 Credit: HOPE
8 Credits: Electives
At least one of the above courses taken virtually
2.0 UNWEIGHTED GPA
SHORT & LONG TERM GOALS
Student Course Verifications will show all the classes that have been recommended by your current teachers. If you are missing a core class, ask your teacher to write in your recommendation.
COURSE REQUESTS/ELECTIVE WORKSHEET
WHEN AND WHERE
TOP 9 RISING FRESHMEN MYTHS
DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
School Counselors will review your request at your registration appointment.
If you don’t meet the requirements of the class, you may complete a re-evaluation request form.
We will check at the end of the 4th nine weeks to see if you meet the requirements for the class.
Grades – A grade of “C” or better in the previous honors course. Students earning an “A” in a previous standard class, may be recommended for Honors or AP.
FSA/FCAT – Level 4 or 5 in appropriate area and not less than a level 3 in any area
PSAT – A score of 48 or higher on an appropriate assessment.
PLAN – A score of 170 (English), 210 (Math), or higher on the appropriate assessment.
Bring completed and signed "Student Course Verification" sheet
Bring completed and signed Elective worksheet (extra sheet available on BTHS website)
Changes to requests can be made through April 15th (via email/phone call)
Changes to schedules can be requested during orientation and/or the first 5 days of school
Select and prioritize 10 elective choices.
Please select carefully! If it is on your sheet as a choice, you WILL NOT be removed from the course
THANK YOU TO
SJCSD HONORS CRITERIA
1. MYTH!! Community service hours are required for graduation.
2. MYTH!! Foreign Language courses are required for graduation.
3. MYTH!! American Sign Language is not accepted by the State public college/university system.
4. MYTH!! It is easy to complete HOPE online over the summer.
5. MYTH!! St Johns Virtual School isn't open over the summer.
6. MYTH!! Freshmen get the last priority scheduling for courses.
7. MYTH!! The lowest grade a student can receive at Bartram Trail High School is a 50%.
8. MYTH!! Colleges/Universities don't look at your Freshman grades.
9. MYTH!! I can graduate with all D's since it is considered a passing grade.
SCIENCE - MATH RELATIONSHIP
- Students must be enrolled in Geometry Honors to take Biology 1 Honors as a freshman
PLEASE ENTER THE BACK AND WALK AROUND TO THE FRONT
Ms. Barb Mattingly, Director
Ms. Ava Fixel, Director
Elective course choice, either Spanish or American Sign Language
To take a World Language Freshman year, students should be enrolled in English 1 Honors
ORIENTATION FOR FRESHMEN IS AUGUST 3!!