Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
recursion and Linear Functions
Transcript of recursion and Linear Functions
=$170 M=$1.50n+$20 Mn+1= Mn + $.03
Y=$.03x + $5.00
Sally sells cookies for Girl Scouts she gets $1.00 for each box sold. She gets $30 to begin with. The function rule. It is easier and we have more experience wit it. 225=$1.50n+$20
205divided by 1.50=$1.50n divided by 1.50=0
n=137 Function rule, because it is easier.
With n as the only variable needed to be solved, the equation must be changed to equal n. The $.03 is the money that changes and the $5.00 is a flat fee. 9. Reflection How are recursive rules different from explicit function rules for modeling linear data?
How are they the same?
When are recursive rules more useful than function rules?
When are function rules more useful? Function rules shows values that don't change.
They both find the same answer.
When leaving out extra values.
When the data needs to be graphed. Mn+1= Mn+$1 when n=0,1,2,3... and n0=$30
Y=$1x+$30 How much money would Sally make if she sold 74 boxes?