Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cultural Influences on Sport
Transcript of Cultural Influences on Sport
2) Understand what cultural influences can determine people's behaviour.
3) Understand how these cultural influences relate to sport.
4) Understand how cultural influences affect sports participation. The attitudes, beliefs and behaviour shared and passed on by a particular group of people.
It is also connected to identity and who we are.
How do you define yourself?
What attitudes and beliefs do you share with your course mates? What is culture? Age - how old you are
What do you assume about others of certain ages?
Gender - male or female What influences our beliefs and behaviour Socio-economic class - how rich you are and your background
Does how wealthy you are determine what sport you may play or like? Do you assume anything about males and females because of their gender? Ethnicity can be related to your race, religion
and back ground. Sometimes cultural influences can impact on sport participation Groups of people - what difficulties can they face? Women
Parents But prejudice can be fought. Other cultural factors that can affect participation Time
Sporting Background Can you think of any sports that you have never participated in? Why? Recap Men tend to participate more than women.
Why might this be?
Recap Sport participation can be linked to employment status.
Goes from large employer and senior manager down to long term unemployed.
Higher up scale are more likely to participate.
Also influences types of sport.
Recap Ethnicity relates to your ethnic background.
Can influence how likely you are to take part.
Can influence which sports you take part in.