Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Up to You
Transcript of Up to You
We all work in a system that often rewards fitting in.
...and it works for some of us.
Fitting in is a
short term strategy.
Standing out pays off in the long run.
we learn by connecting.
Our connections create stories.
What will be your story?
is a choice.
There are some who do not wait.
What will you remember?
Are you here for school?
Is school here for you?
Will you be the most connected generation?
or the loneliest?
Are you connecting?
Here's what we're teaching kids to do (with various levels of success):
Use #2 pencils
Take good notes
Show up every day
Cram for tests and don't miss deadlines
Have good handwriting
Buy the things the other kids are buying
Don't ask questions
Don't challenge authority
Do the minimum amount required so you'll have time to work on another subject
Get into college
Have a good resume
Don't say anything that might embarrass you
Be passably good at sports, or perhaps extremely good at being a quarterback
Participate in a large number of extracurricular activities
Be a generalist
Try not to have the other kids talk about you
Once you learn a topic, move on
1. Solve Interesting Problems.
Here's what kids should do:
I'd rather text than talk.
You are as smart as you are curious.
or are we presenting?