Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 8 " What's the Word"
Transcript of Chapter 8 " What's the Word"
"U.S History Chpt 8"
Rules of the Game: The Word in Depth
Teams will unscramble the letters to find the word matching the pictures. (1 point)
Teams will then get a chance to answer a more detailed question. (2 points) - judged by Mr. Speaker.
4 - 5 teams randomly picked by teacher
( NO arguing)
Team elects 1 person to represent them in answering ( multiple answering will result in a steal)
A team will have 1 chance on part 1, next team can get a steal. (Steals are 1 point in both sections) The rotation then goes back to where it last left off.
Winners get 5 bonus points on Test.
N C O T T I H
O T I U S N M
What was the first constitution and what type of government did it establish?
U R S G A E FF
T N A I S T N
What was the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom? + Who wrote it?
M I S RP E U N
A C I B L N T A
Why was the Land Ordinance of 1785 created?
- Give me 2 reasons
For chapter 8 section 1: You need to know the Northwest Ordinance of 1787. Yes, it created the Northwest Territory but it also gave a way how territories could become states.
R A F T O N T
I F S N A H I
This vocabulary term means trade within the state? ______________________
And was Congress during the Articles of Confederation able to regulate it?
A E B T R N F E
D O S F D R E
Describe Shay's Rebellion and why did it happen:
E S F T N Y A S I
O D R P E I S N
What were 2 problems with the Articles of Confederation?
1. O L P A R E T
P U P R L O S
2. O S Y T V E N G
R E I R N M B H
Explain the difference between the New Jersey plan and the Virginia plan.
M E I F S D L N R
A E T U N I K L
What are the 3 branches of government?
Distinguish the jobs each has.
1.S K C Y A N E
C H I B S P F
2. E A B L M T D Y
C N S A H I O B
Why was there need for the "Great Compromise" ?
T M D A I Y S C
E N M E N T S B
What was the name given to the people who opposed the U.S Constitution?
Why did they oppose it?
1. L E O P N L
B E W I G D
2. I N P l
O G T F
T J K P I G
R S E H O E
Who were the federalists?
Name 3 of them? (People)
Each Group gets one lightening round
1. Group 1 your task is to act out a republic. I want to see what a republic is. You have 4 mins to organize your group and give me a short skit.
2. Group 2: Your task is to act out Checks and Balances. Your group has 4 mins to organize, then your on.
3. Group 3. This may be tough but I know you can do it. PEACEFULLY.. Protest Shay's Rebellion having each person state one reason, why you poor farmers are Rebelling.
4. Group 4. You also get a difficult one. You have to somehow divide yourselves into groups. State the divide between the New Jersey plan and Virginia plan. Then come to the Great Compromise.