Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 8 " What's the Word"
Transcript of Chapter 8 " What's the Word"
"U.S History Chpt 8"
Rules of the Game: The Word in Depth
Teams will unscramble the letters to find the word matching the pictures. (1 point)
Teams will then get a chance to answer a more detailed question. (2 points) - judged by Mr. Speaker.
4 - 5 teams randomly picked by teacher
( NO arguing)
Team elects 1 person to represent them in answering ( multiple answering will result in a steal)
A team will have 1 chance on part 1, next team can get a steal. (Steals are 1 point in both sections) The rotation then goes back to where it last left off.
Winners get 5 bonus points on Test.
N C O T T I H
O T I U S N M
What was the first constitution and what type of government did it establish?
U R S G A E FF
T N A I S T N
What was the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom? + Who wrote it?
M I S RP E U N
A C I B L N T A
Why was the Land Ordinance of 1785 created?
- Give me 2 reasons
For chapter 8 section 1: You need to know the Northwest Ordinance of 1787. Yes, it created the Northwest Territory but it also gave a way how territories could become states.
R A F T O N T
I F S N A H I
This vocabulary term means trade within the state? ______________________
And was Congress during the Articles of Confederation able to regulate it?
A E B T R N F E
D O S F D R E
Describe Shay's Rebellion and why did it happen:
E S F T N Y A S I
O D R P E I S N
What were 2 problems with the Articles of Confederation?
1. O L P A R E T
P U P R L O S
2. O S Y T V E N G
R E I R N M B H
Explain the difference between the New Jersey plan and the Virginia plan.
M E I F S D L N R
A E T U N I K L
What are the 3 branches of government?
Distinguish the jobs each has.
1.S K C Y A N E
C H I B S P F
2. E A B L M T D Y
C N S A H I O B
Why was there need for the "Great Compromise" ?
T M D A I Y S C
E N M E N T S B
What was the name given to the people who opposed the U.S Constitution?
Why did they oppose it?
1. L E O P N L
B E W I G D
2. I N P l
O G T F
T J K P I G
R S E H O E
Who were the federalists?
Name 3 of them? (People)
Each Group gets one lightening round
1. Group 1 your task is to act out a republic. I want to see what a republic is. You have 4 mins to organize your group and give me a short skit.
2. Group 2: Your task is to act out Checks and Balances. Your group has 4 mins to organize, then your on.
3. Group 3. This may be tough but I know you can do it. PEACEFULLY.. Protest Shay's Rebellion having each person state one reason, why you poor farmers are Rebelling.
4. Group 4. You also get a difficult one. You have to somehow divide yourselves into groups. State the divide between the New Jersey plan and Virginia plan. Then come to the Great Compromise.