Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Programming Languages
Name the language
Describe the area(s) used for
Outline when it was or is used
Develop a Prezi to show your findings. Programming Languages A set of instructions understood by the computer.
Various languages available Low Level Languages Easy for the computer to understand, difficult for the programmer.
directly understood by the computer 0111011100111
Needs no translation - very fast to execute
uses simple instructions
ADD, SUB, LOAD
needs translation High Level languages Translation programs All computer programs need to be converted to machine language (binary) in order to execute.
1. Compiler - converts whole program code at once
2. Interpreter - converts one line, then executes it and repeats this process continually until the end of the program. High level language instructions are similar to English, making programming easier.
easier to understand for the programmer
easy to correct errors and test programs
programs can be used on different computers