Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Disease
•Deficiency Causes of Disease Developed Developing Lifestyle Diseases A disease associated with the way a person or group of people lives. Infectious Diseases Types of Lifestyle Diseases - Obesity
- Heart Disease
- Certain Cancers
(ex. Lung/Skin) Obesity - 59% of adult Canadians are either
overweight or obese Causes of Obesity -Sedentary Jobs
-Overuse of Vehicles/Lack of Exercise
-Advertising/Culture - About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year–that’s 1 in every 4 deaths - defined by WHO as a person with a BMI greater than or equal to 30 - 31.5 % of 5 to 17 yr olds (an estimated 1.6 million canadians) were classified as overweight or obese from 2009 - 2011 - Infectious Diseases are the biggest killer of the young
- Almost 1 in 3 children are malnourished
- 1 in 5 are not fully immunized by their first birthday
- Over 1/3 of the world’s population lack access to essential drugs - In Democratic Republic of Congo in 2011 there were 21700 reports of cholera, and in Canada 9 cases were reported A disease caused by a microorganism or other agent, such as a bacterium, fungus, or virus that enters the body of an organism. Types of Infectious Diseases - Airborne
Transmitted Airborne Sexually Transmitted Waterborne In Swaziland 1 in 3 adults is infected with HIV or has already developed AIDS Swaziland HIV/AIDS had reduced Swaziland's life expectancy to less than 34 years Diseases that are carried by or through the air
Ex. Tuberculosis, H1N1, Measles Diseases transmitted in water HIV/AIDS - a pandemic that caused 25
million deaths by 2007 - Human immunodeficiency Virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome a disease that causes a decrease in the strength of th immune system
- Does not directly cause death but rather opens up for opportunistic illnesses that cause death Ex. Cholera, Hepatitis - Cancer is the second highest killer in the U.S.A with 567,628 deaths in 2009 - Statistics Canada reports cancer was the leading cause of death in every province and territory Diseases spread through sexual contact
Ex. HIV/AIDS Solutions - Improved Health Care
- Increase in Education in both developed and developing nations
- Increase in sanitation practices Trivia 1 What percentage of Canadians were considered overweight/obese? 2 Name one of the causes of obesity What is the lifestyle that disease that caused the most deaths in Canada 3 Name the 3 types of Infectious diseases How many adults in Swaziland have been infected with HIV or already developed AIDS Name one of the possible
solutions 4 5 6 In Developing Nations...