Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
If I were a boy song analysis.
Transcript of If I were a boy song analysis.
Shows how the speaker is hurt by her ex-boyfriend.
She wishes she can become a man.
Tell us that women's perspective is different from man.
Tell all the guys stop hurting girls.
The message is that she was taken for granted so she is singing from a woman's perspective. who knows better than man and the saying is " she was a boy" she would treat his woman better. It also refer to how many guys act during a relationship and the temptations of being a guy.
Three Literary Devices.
1. Metaphor: represent herself as a boy using "if i were a boy......" and how will she act to be a man.
2. Visual Imagery: in the lyrics " I'd roll out of bed in the morning and throw on what i wanted and go." This create a sense of connection with the audience and makes peoples to imagine the picture of being a guy.
3. Hyperbole: The writer wrote "Drink beer with the guys and chase after girls. I'd kick it with who i wanted and I'd never get confronted for it.Cause they'd stick up for me" It's just a imagination from a girls' view and not all the guys does those stuff.
The speaker of the Song.
1.The speaker presents herself as a girls. who resents the freedom that she feels girl do not have.
2.The speaker is a female because the song relates her perception of what being a male would be.
3.Shows immaturity in assuming that girls also cannot consider their own desires.
Written by: BC Jean (April 22, 1987) Most of the lyrics were written by Jean.Toby Gad (April 12, 1968) Take over the song and produced the music.
Recorded by: Beyoncé for the album "I am...Sasha Fierce" in 2008.
The entire lyrics is made up while the two songwriter walking through Times Square.
"If I were a boy" song analysis.
Thank you for listening!