Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
If I were a boy song analysis.
Transcript of If I were a boy song analysis.
Shows how the speaker is hurt by her ex-boyfriend.
She wishes she can become a man.
Tell us that women's perspective is different from man.
Tell all the guys stop hurting girls.
The message is that she was taken for granted so she is singing from a woman's perspective. who knows better than man and the saying is " she was a boy" she would treat his woman better. It also refer to how many guys act during a relationship and the temptations of being a guy.
Three Literary Devices.
1. Metaphor: represent herself as a boy using "if i were a boy......" and how will she act to be a man.
2. Visual Imagery: in the lyrics " I'd roll out of bed in the morning and throw on what i wanted and go." This create a sense of connection with the audience and makes peoples to imagine the picture of being a guy.
3. Hyperbole: The writer wrote "Drink beer with the guys and chase after girls. I'd kick it with who i wanted and I'd never get confronted for it.Cause they'd stick up for me" It's just a imagination from a girls' view and not all the guys does those stuff.
The speaker of the Song.
1.The speaker presents herself as a girls. who resents the freedom that she feels girl do not have.
2.The speaker is a female because the song relates her perception of what being a male would be.
3.Shows immaturity in assuming that girls also cannot consider their own desires.
Written by: BC Jean (April 22, 1987) Most of the lyrics were written by Jean.Toby Gad (April 12, 1968) Take over the song and produced the music.
Recorded by: Beyoncé for the album "I am...Sasha Fierce" in 2008.
The entire lyrics is made up while the two songwriter walking through Times Square.
"If I were a boy" song analysis.
Thank you for listening!