Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Formal letter Writing Task
Transcript of Formal letter Writing Task
Yours faithfully Dear Mr/Ms/Dr Smith
Yours sincerely Letter Requesting/Giving Information
Letter of Application
Letter of Complaint Header Not required in FCE Address and Date Reason for Writing/Introducing application Useful Language I am writing to enquire about / tell about / suggest / to inform you...
I am writing with regard to...
I am writing to apply for the post / position of... ....as advertised in...
One of the main reasons I am applying for this job is that... Beginnings You don't know the name: "Dear Sir" or "Dear Madam"
You know the name: "Dear Mr/Ms/Dr Smith" Details of the letter
Give personal information and experience
Expressing and supporting opinions Useful Language I wonder if you could...
Please could you...?
I would like to know more about...
You asked me to tell you about...
In response to your query, I would like to inform you that...
My interests are...
I have been studying English for...
I have a good knowledge of...
I am confident I would be well suited to the job. Closing/Concluding Useful language If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
I can be contacted on...(telephone #)...at any time
I am available for an interview at any time. Endings Good opportunity to use indirect questions Be careful to ask the questions you are supposed to ask and provide the information you need to provide Linking words
- Furthemore, Nevertheless, Although, Therefore Formal style
- No contractions or abbreviations to simplify words
- It avoids emotive punctuation like exclamation points, ellipsis, etc.
- Long sentences
- The pronoun "you" isn't usually appropriate