Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
BDM (Banner Document Management)
Transcript of BDM (Banner Document Management)
Archiving and Purging Images
What is BDM?
Is the Image the Offical Document
A Document Management System (DMS) is a computer system used to track and store electronic documents and/or images of paper documents.
Banner Document Management simply put, connects your documents to banner based on a banner field (i.e. Banner #, PO #, etc.).
A scanned image is recognized by the State of North Carolina as a legal or official document.
We do consider the image to be our official document and apply retention rules to that image.
We are UNC system schools, so we follow or exceed the document retention guidelines issued by UNC General Administration.
These guidelines are available at http://www.records.ncdcr.gov/erecords/managerec.htm
This sets up a purge by document type process.
If you are unclear on your policies and procedures refer to your auditing office.
BDM is Many Things!
BDM Authorization Request