Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Emphatic Verbs
Transcript of Copy of Emphatic Verbs
NOT EMPHATIC!! No push= No power! In emphatic sentences, the "do" word is a helping verb, NOT the main verb; therefore, it is PUSHING the main verb Emphatic Verbs are easy as 1,2, and maybe 3 Examples:
1. Molly DOES LOVE cheese pizza.
2. Molly DOES not LOVE cheese pizza.
3. Molly DID CALL me last night.
4. Molly and Zoe DO always SHARE their food. questions? if none, let's do an activity! Identify the correct emphatic verbs that must be used in the ff sentences. 1. You said in an interview you'd had a crush on me forever. When _ forever start?
2. I _ not want to lose the boy with the bread.
3. Tell me you _ not use your one dying Wish to go to Disney world with your parents!
4. Sometimes people _ not understand the promises they’re making when they make them.
5. You _ not forget the face of the person who was your last hope. Emphatic- I DID DO the dishes.
NOT Emphatic- I DID the dishes.
Emphatic- She DOES COUNT her blessings.
NOT Emphatic- She DOES her homework
Emphatic-They DO GET on my nerves.
NOT Emphatic-They DO great things.
Examples: 1. You have to have either the word "do", "does", or "did" in a sentence ( NOT a question, NOT a question, oh yeah NOT A QUESTION) 2. You have to have an action verb behind it! 3. You MAY have an adverb sitting in between 1&2 REMEMBER REMEMBER EMPHASIS= POWER!!
You have to have an ACTION VERB
NOT A QUESTION
Did I mention an ACTION VERB!!