Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Synesthesia/Music Therapy
....see color numbers
....taste music 18.5%, Dr Hugo Heyrman 66.5%, Dr Hugo Heyrman Sound/Color Absolute Pitch Ability to name any note without the use of a reference pitch Color-hearing We see colors by distinguishing between the different wavelengths - very smiliar to the way we are able to distinguish pitch We are all synesthetes As babies, we didn't have the capacity to distinguish individual senses. Thus, all our senses were blended together. As we developed cognitively, recognition between the senses was formed, and synesthesia was lost. Synesthesia
Music Therapy “Imagine a painter's pallet: There are pools of concentrated color around the edges, but in the center, colors are blended to make richer and more complex colors. Pure tones are my colors around the edges, while harmonies and keys are my blending areas.” (Null, EastWest User Forums) You can teach absolute pitch by using synesthesia-related techniques Treatments may include: Music Therapy is a form of alternative medicine that has been proven to improve cases of depression, autism, cancer, and many other illnesses.
* music listening and performance
* lyric discussion
* light exercise to fun music
* individualized music to aid the
patient in making a plan for
improving his or her symptoms
* soft music when falling asleep
* fast music to increase energy
* group music listening Why can it be so effective? Music therapy is completely individualized to fit the needs of the patient. The music therapist uses music to target the specific problem areas. Testing You Amy Castro