Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tuesday, February 28th
Transcript of Tuesday, February 28th
What do we think the different colors represent on the gummy worms? Do they have any importance?
This is in relation too chromosomes.
Chimpanzees- 24 chromosomes, one extra pair from us as human beings.
(as well as other primates)
Here is an example of a karyotype of a flying lemur.
M: In your seat.
V: Level 0
P: Based on this Karyotype what is the gender of this newborn? Why?
Wednesday, February 28th
-Down syndrome- When three chromosomes are present on chromosome pair 21 (considered a trisomy)
-This is just an example of one.. They're also many others that occur.
GUMMY WORM CHALLENGE
1. Each student will be place in 1 of 2 groups. (Male or Female)
2. Once seated you will earn your gummy worms to put together your karyotype.
3. Group that puts together the karyotype without any notes and works together gets to eat the gummy worms if correct. Also will earn a 4 with Work Ethic & 3 coins!!!!!