Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
HEALTHY FOOD AND NUTRITION
Transcript of HEALTHY FOOD AND NUTRITION
Lesson 1 Build up the food pyramid
Lesson 3 Health diseases
To distinguish the main groups of food of the pyramid and order them.
To know if we eat in a healthy way during a week approximately.
Will know, in a general view, what students eat during a week approximately.
Will be able to classify the food in the pyramid.
Will be aware of the role of healthy in our daily meals.
First activity based in assess what they have learned in the previous lesson.
Final discussion around the conclusions of the chart.
- To investigate which are the aliments that people with specific health diseases can’t eat.
- To know the main characteristics of some specific health diseases.
- Will know which are the aliments people with specific health diseases can’t eat and how they can substitute them
- Will be able to create a menu for people with specific Health diseases (cholesterol, diabetes, gluten and lactose intolerance)
- Presentation of one specific health disease
- Elaboration of a menu for one person with a specific health disease
- Participative and tolerant attitude through the lesson
Monday, November 3, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
LESSON 4 International food !
HEALTHY FOOD AND NUTRITION
Let's show what we have learned
LESSON 5 The big challenge!
- To work with all the contents of the unit.
- To encourage pupils to do their best in the last lesson of the unit.
Task 1. Fill in the food pyramid!
Fill the empty parts with the correct aliments and names of their food group
Teacher will supervise the activity
Task 2. LET'S BE A NUTRITIONIST!
Roles activity: students are nutritionists.
Analyze cases of different children
Right - Explain why it is healthy.
Wrong - Modify them in order to be healthy meals.
Task 3. Boxes' game
- Each member of the group has a box of a specific health disease with some aliments
- Choose which are the correct and discard or exchange the wrong ones with the other group mates
- If the group is composed by 5 members, one of them will be the coordinator or supervisor
Task 4. Let's fill up the fridge!
Activity that connects concepts with images
The fridge is full of definitions
Replace definitions/components of different food by the corresponding images
Teacher will supervise the task
DEALING WITH DOUBTS
Debate all together for the improvement
Healthy food and nutrition
(content find out in the Primary school curriculum).
School located in Salt (Girona )
- Multicultural students.
- From low social status.
It has been detect a weak healthy food awareness. (learning through services for community. "APS" learning)
Train of thought:
- Interconnected thorough the 3As.
- Provide coherence, and a link from the first session to the last.
- Make students motivation increase.
- It is a situation problem presented by a newspaper which introduces the topic of the lesson.
Breaking news: A school in Salt ( Girona ) stands in the last position in the healtht food resarch made by the SNF
To be aware of the nutrients that food contains and the functions they develop in our
body in order to have a healthier lifestyle and a balanced diet.
The different nutrients groups
(fats, carbohydrates, protein, water, vitamins and minerals).
The nutrients’ functions.
Will be able to:
Create a balanced diet
Classify food through the food pyramid
- Will be aware of:
The benefits that healthy food produces in our lifestyle
Methodology and activities' profile
activities centred on problem solving
scaffolding and social interaction ( group activities)
Why its is
- To discover the previous knowledge of the
- To introduce the food groups to the pupils.
- To discuss about students healthy food habits.
- Will be able to classify food into the food pyramid.
- Will be able to distinguish some nutrients that food contain.
-Where are the main issues for assessment in CLIL
- How can/ should we asses group work?
-How can we evaluate the skills/ processes
Provided we asses in English, how can we minimize the effect of the language in the content assessment?
- The final task. Students have to demonstrate their knowledge learned.
- Lesson composed by 4 tasks that students will have to pass in groups.
- In every task passed they will get little by little a piece of the certificate.
- In this lesson the inspector will come and he will help teacher watching the students.
Obtain a certificate
- Will be able to identify the different nutrients groups and their functions.
- Will be able to create a balanced diet and to classify food through the food pyramid.
- Will be able to know the benefits that healthy food produces in our lifestyle.
- Final evaluation even though the assessment during the whole unit will be continuous.
- Some rules in order to make participate all the students.
Let's build up human pyramids!
A chart of our diets!
Observe and analyze the results of the charts!
To know different culture's meals.
To participate in the debate about the main foods of each meal.
To sum up the information that parents have given to them.
Will know where are situated in the world the countries of their classmates.
Will be able to classify the typical meals in the different food groups in the pyramid.
Will be aware of the differences of food between cultures.
Classification of the typical meals in the food groups.
Valuation of the flyer summing up the information -?
Intercultural - Interdisciplinary
Participation of parents (of children of the class) explaining the main meals of their cultures.
Debating which is the composition of the meals and situating them on the pyramid.
Creating a flyer to summarize all the information given by parents.
Possible international food festival!
Talk about some Health diseases or intolerance children of the class know or suffer.
Discuss which items they want to investigate about each disease
Investigate one disease provided by one example, discover which aliments are allowed or not and plan a menu.
Present their investigations to the rest of the class
- Jump in to the box you think its less healthy.
- Jump into the box where the breakfast you have for today belongs to.
- Learning content through
- Introduction of food groups
- Class discussion
- Introduction of the next class framework