Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
EFFECTIVE LISTENING SKILLS
Transcript of EFFECTIVE LISTENING SKILLS
involves understanding the
of what a person has said.
BECOMING AN ACTIVE LISTENER
- Give the speaker your undivided attention, and acknowledge the message.
3. Provide Feedback
- As a listener, your role is to understand what is being said. This may require you to reflect what is being said and ask questions.
What affects listening?
Active listening intentionally focuses on who you are listening to
What is LISTENING?
" is receiving language through the ears.
Listening in any language requires
EFFECTIVE LISTENING SKILLS
of the four language skills, which are:
To become a fluent speaker in English, you need to develop
strong listening skill
We listen to:
Good communication skills require a high level of
By understanding your personal style of communicating, you will go a long way towards creating
good and lasting impressions
About Active Listening:
This is where you make a conscious effort to hear not only the words but, to try to understand the complete message being sent.
If you're finding it particularly difficult to concentrate on what someone is saying, try
their words mentally as they say them - this will reinforce their message and
help you stay focused
Show that you're listening
- Use your own body language and gestures to convey your attention
-Interrupting is a waste of time. It frustrates the speaker and limits full understanding of the message.
5. Respond Appropriately
- Active listening is a model for respect and understanding.
1. Stop Talking
- Don't talk, listen.
Time Spent Communicating
2. Prepare Yourself to Listen
-Relax. Focus on the speaker. Put other things out of mind.
3. Put the Speaker at Ease
-Help the speaker feel the freedom to speak.
4. Remove Distractions
-Focus on what is being said: don't doodle, shuffle papers, look out the windows and such.
Try to understand the other person's point of view
6. Be Patient
interrupt or finish a sentence for someone.
on what is being said and try to ignore styles of delivery.
8. Listen to the Tone
both add to what someone is saying.
Listen for Ideas - Not just Words
You need to get the
, not just isolated bits and pieces.
Wait and Watch for Non-Verbal Communication
Gestures, facial expressions, and eye-movements can all be
Listen to words
Listen to body language
Listen to emotions
Thank you for Listening!