Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Biotechnology Assignment: Insulin Production
Transcript of Biotechnology Assignment: Insulin Production
Recombinant DNA Technology in E.coli Bacteria
Alternative Production of Insulin
people worldwide have diabetes
people will have diabetes by 2030
PURPOSE OF Insulin
Small, Simple Protein
Allows Glucose to Enter Body Cells
Production OF INSULIN
Produced in Pancreas
Two separate chains of amino acids
Cluster of Cells produce Insulin
Type 1: Autoimmune Disease
Type 2: Insulin Immunity
Gene Replicated with e.coli bacteria
Recombinant DNA Technology
Insulin Production in E.COLI Bacteria
Introduction to Process of Recombination DNA
Alternative Production of insulin
Cows and Pigs