Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nuclear Power
December 2, 1957, in Shippingport, Pennsylvania, the first full scale nuclear power plant goes into service.
1973, American utilities buy 41 nuclear power plants. January, 1983 President Reagan signs the Nuclear Waste Policy Act. Hydro power was surpassed by nuclear power in total electrical generation in 1984.
December 1993, the total number of nuclear power plants in the United States is 109, collectively producing 610 billion kWhs of electricity. Quiz 1. What do the variables in E=mc^2 stand for? 2. What are some of the pros and cons of nuclear power? 3. Where are the two power plants in Minnesota located?