Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Acrylic Painting
Paint middle values
Paint shadows & add details
glazing -brainstorming/list making
-Sketches (more than one....)
-Drawing process before you begin to paint Acrylic painting -Water based polymer
-Diluted and cleaned with water
-Opaque unless thinned with water or medium acrylic Mark Rothko http://www.markrothko.com/
Francis Tansey http://francistansey.com/
Andy Warhol http://www.warhol.org/
Robert Motherwell http://www.moma.org/collection/artist.php?artist_id=4126
Bridget Riley http://www.op-art.co.uk/bridget-riley/
David Hockney http://www.davidhockney.com/ contemporary artists who use acrylic: Canvas
Cardboard surfaces for acrylic MARK ROTHKO ROBERT
MOTHERWELL a layer of underpaint or underglaze onto which the painting may be applied Imprimatura video Andy Warhol Steps to follow when ready to start... Bridget Riley Edward Hopper Francis Tansey Techniques watercolor techniques-acrylic is thinned with water
blending opaque colors (wet on wet)
Sgraffito Technique (scratching)
THERE ARE NO RULES That can't be broken...EXPERIMENT! CLEANING UP 101 You must wash your brushes when you are done!
1. rinse with water
2. use your fingers to make sure all paint is out of brush.
3. use soap if necessary
5. Place brush end up in a cup to dry.
If you get paint on the table CLEAN IT UP!
Acrylic paint does NOT come out of clothing. Layers Paintings are meant to be done in multiple layers…not a single layer like a coloring book or paint by numbers Big Idea: Acrylic Technique Essential Questions:
1. What is acrylic?
2. How do you use acrylic to create value?
3. How do you use acrylic to imply texture?