Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Story Structure--5th Grade
Transcript of Story Structure--5th Grade
What are the five elements that make up the story structure?
The time and place of the story.
It may be the past, present, or future.
The place may be real or imaginary.
The conflict is the problem that tries to get resolved.
The people, animals, or imaginary creatures who take part in the story.
The underlying message or lesson the author is
teaching with their story.
Authors add themes that express their ideas about life or human nature.
Themes are rarely stated directly, so
readers must often
to figure them out.
The Plot is the
sequence of events
in the story. It is what happens in the
Don't forget to use those Signal Words!
Completing a Story Map
is a great way to identify
all the different elements
in a story. We'll do this
first one together. :)