Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Microsoft Office PowerPoint VS Prezi
Transcript of Microsoft Office PowerPoint VS Prezi
PowerPoint is software that lets you create materials that can be presented using a projector.Using PowerPoint, you can create screens that effectively incorporate colorful text and photographs, illustrations, drawings, tables, graphs, and movies and transition from one to another like a slide show. You can animate text and illustrations on the screen using the animation feature as well as add sound effects and narration.
Prezi is a cloud-based presentation application for presenting ideas on a virtual canvas. Prezi allows the users to zoom in and zoom out. It is a free application that is in computer and it is not part of Microsoft Office. You can use Prezi for free.
Pros and Cons (Microsoft Office PowerPoint)
Pros and Cons (Prezi)
PowerPoint VS. Prezi
I.T, Grade 8A
Prezi and PowerPoint
August 20, 2013
* What is PowerPoint? - support - Office.com. (n.d.). Office - Office.com. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/support/what-is-powerpoint-HA010265950.aspx
* Prezi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (n.d.). Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prezi
Videos about making
videos in Prezi.
* You can make 3D slides
* It allows you to zoom in.
* Prezi has cool backgrounds.
* You can insert videos from YouTube right away.
* It might be a bit more complicated to design than Microsoft PowerPoint.
*Plain pictures might ruin the 3D effects.
* You have less choices for the font color.
* Differences between Prezi and Powerpoint by James Allen on Prezi. (n.d.). Prezi - Ideas matter.. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from http://prezi.com/w2tznzch5sv0/differences-between-prezi-and-powerpoint/
Easy to input images or text.
It is easy to adjust a picture.
Easy hand out
PowerPoint can't do everything.
Not suitable for certain types of presentations
Different programs for presentation
Google Docs is a freeware web-based office suite offered by Google within its Google Drive service. It allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating with other users live.
Keynote is a presentation software that was created by Apple. It has an ability to control the slide show with IPod and IPhone. January 7, 2003 was the day that they released it.
Keynote (presentation software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (n.d.). Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Keynote
Corel Presentations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (n.d.). Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corel_Presenta
Google Docs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (n.d.). Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Docs
It is a presentation program akin to Microsoft PowerPoint and OpenOffice.org. Corel Presentations offers full multimedia capabilities, including a stellar set of 2D and 3D informational charts
Braga, J. (2011, May 27). Corel Training Presentation.wmv - YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from
Introducing a new Google Docs - YouTube. (2010, April 9). YouTube. Retrieved August 28, 2013, from
Keynote Part 1: The Basics - YouTube. (2009, September 3). YouTube. Retrieved August 20, 2013, from
Windows Movie Maker
Windows movie maker is a free software that allows you to edit and create the videos in Windows. It is easy to create a video in Movie Maker because the various features in Movie Maker are simple compare to other software.
Pros and Cons
It is free
Simple. (Good for beginners)
It is limited
It crashes a lot
It is frustrating for advanced users.
Windows Movie Maker
Keynote Pros & Cons (vs PP). (2003, January 9). AppleInsider | Apple news and rumors since 1997. Retrieved September 3, 2013, from http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/7482/keynote-pros-cons-vs-pp
Creates professional and sleek presentations
Easy to use
There is no action (Hyperlink)
Keynote program cannot be run on Microsoft,
Cannot support Visual Basic
Arandilla, R. (n.d.). Presentation Tools: Keynote vs. PowerPoint. Get Real-Life Education that Matters with 1stWebDesigner • 1stwebdesigner. Retrieved September 3, 2013, from http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/keynote-vs-powerpoint/
strong contender among its presentation software peers.
easy to use
lacks an ability to save slide shows as movie files
cannot be purchased separately