Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of BEE 1
It is different from other countries because ____________.
It is the same from other countries such as ______ and ______, because ______.
Which of these words do you know?
be a native of
Basic English Enhancement 1
Marc Anthony is a very popular __________ singer
My sister is very _______. She makes friends easily.
Shakira is a ___________ Bogota, Colombia
Many students want to study in a _______ country, such as the U.S. or Canada.
Joseph is a very nervous ________. He is afraid of airplanes.
Cuzco is one of the most famous places in our __________. Many tourists visit it every year.
Julie doesn't worry about unimportant things. She has always been ___________.
Usain Bolt is a reknown _________. He has won many Olympic medals.
Same or different
Enjoy the ride
Exploring the theme
1 ORAL EXAM
1 WRITTEN EXAM
1 PROJECT (ENGAGE)
SAME AND DIFFERENT
How are twins the
How are they
HOW ARE WE THE SAME?
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT?
How are we the same as and different from people in these countries?
be born in a particular place
not from your country
having to do with more than one nation
wanting to meet and talk to new people
I like / don't like sports.
I like to play/watch _______________
I'm (not) a traveler. I have traveled to foreign countries such as ____________.
In Peru, for fun, kids usually ___________________.
HOW ARE MARISA AND TOSHIO THE
FROM OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR HOME COUNTRIES?
Marisa is the same because _______________,
but she is different because ___________________.
Toshio is the same because _______________,
but he is different because ___________________.
Answer these questions about you
1. Where do you live? (district)
2. Favorite kind of music
4. Favorite type of movie
5. Relationship Status
6. Sport you like
7. Favorite Tv show
8. Do you like to travel?
10. Number of brothers and sisters
Compare answers with a partner.
Which things are the same or different about both of you?
(partner's name) ________.
(I like ceviche
Lucy likes ceviche, too)
(partner's name) ___________
(I like ceviche
Lucy likes lomo saltado)
act b (p.6)
A way to start a conversation with someone you don't know.
WHICH TOPICS CAN YOU USE?
1. She _____ in London last week.
2. _____ your name Luis?
3. Marcos and Monica _____ nervous for their exam last night.
4. _____ John and Kate in Ica in 2005?
5. Susie ____ happily married since 2010.
6. ____ Jose a native of Argentina?
7. When I ___ a child I ____ very shy, now I ___ more outgoing.
8. My best friend ___ from Japan.
9. Our lifestyle _____ similar to other Latin American countries'.
10. Julia ____ adopted when she was a baby.
11. ______ Mike and Melissa identical twins?
12. Rossana ____ born in Trujillo in 1989.
past or present
she an actress?
D.O.B : Feb 2, 1977
born in 1977
born in 1980.
born in 1980
she born in 1977?
coming of age
one of a kind
Which of these words do you already know?
unique (different from everyone else)
different from what is usual.
having the usual/common qualities of a group
act. B (p.15)
How are you the same and different from the
person described in exercise B on p.14?
to write your statements.
The typical person
The typical person ______
be in trouble - hang out with - impact - lazy - media - troublemaker
1. Mike has always been a ____________. He causes problems everywhere he goes.
2. On my days off I love to ____________ my friends. We go the movies or we eat out.
3. Everyone at the office thinks that Paul is so ______. He does nothing while everyone is working.
4. The 2007 earthquake caused a terrible _______ in Ica and Pisco's economy.
5. Many famous people complain that the _______ is always inventing stories about their personal lives.
6. Lizbeth is ___________ with the police. She was caught driving at 100 mph.
hang out with
1. My best friend is
. She /He is
(describe personality using adjectives)
2. My friends impact me in a way that they
3. On the weekends, I usually hang out with
is lazy / No one is lazy in my family.
is a troublemaker. / No one is a troublemaker.
5. Yes, I do / No, I don't. The media impacts me because
WH - QUESTIONS
To ask for more information
To ask for a place
To ask for the time
To ask for an explanation
To ask for a person
To ask for a reason
she? / How
his name?/ What
his occupation? / What
he? / Who
there? / Who
he happy? / Why
the party? / When
A:I've just talked to Marianne
A: She is in California.
A: I have to talk about my hero in my English class.
A: He is Steve Jobs.
A: I am so nervous
A: Because my admissions exam is tomorrow.
A: I visited Lucy last week
A: She was very happy. She is planning to travel to Europe.
A: Look! He's is the guy I was telling you about
A: His name is George.
COMPLETE THE DIALOGS WITH THE CORRECT QUESTION.
WH + BE
What is his name?
Where is she?
Who is he?
Why are you nervous?
How was she?
Many people and things around us impact our lives. They make a change on us. For example, our family, friends, experiences and the media.
In my case, my
impacts me the most. They are hardworking and upbeat and I am like that too.
also impact my life. I hang out with them on the weekends and we spend a lot of time together talking about our lives.
also impact my life. When I travel, I meet new people and cultures and that makes a change in the way I think.
On the contrary, the
doesn't really impact my life. I don't pay much attention to to what they show.