Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Olaudah Equiano
Olaudah Equiano was born in Africa in 1745. He was famous for writing about his journeys as an enslaved person. He was set free after long years of worked. He is most famous for his descriptions of the slave ship.
Epic Potato Prezis
His childhood was pretty typical of that time in West Africa. He mostly spent time playing in his Ibo village.
Time in Slavery
Olaudah was abducted at about age 11 from his Ibo village.
He was then taken on a slave ship through the middle passage, which he later wrote about.
"A man had not nearly enough
room just as to turn
What is the most interesting fact I learned from my research?
He was also known as Gustavus Vassa. This was his slave name.
Why is he so important???
Equiano is so important because after he was freed, he wrote books on his "adventures" as a slave. This brought attention to the world's slavery.
This caused a revolution against slavery worldwide. Also, we would not know as much about the hardships slaves endured.
What have I learned when doing this project?
I have learned about a man that made such a large
difference in the world