Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Let's Start Our Day! October 9, 2013
Transcript of Let's Start Our Day! October 9, 2013
Take out your whiteboards and markers
Problem of the Day
Wipe off your whiteboards
and put them away
Stand up quietly and face the flag
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God,
with liberty and justice for all.
You're a grand old flag,
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there's never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.
Hail, hail to old Purdue
All hail to our old gold and black!
Hail, hail to old Purdue!
Our friendship may she never lack.
Ever grateful, ever true,
Thus we raise our song anew
Of the days we’ve spent with you,
All hail our own Purdue.
Let's review our class rules
Eyes on the speaker!
Hands free and clear!
Put it in your pocket!
Ears listening and brain thinking about what is being said!
1. Trace--to outline
12 Powerful Words
2. Analyze--to break it down
3. Infer--read between the lines
4. Evaluate--to judge
5. Formulate--build and create
6. Describe--tell all about it
7. Support--back it up
8. Explain--to tell why [or how]
9. Summarize--the short version
10. Compare--things are alike
11. Contrast--things are different
12. Predict--think about the future
Daily Language Practice
anything that meets people's needs
the land, water, and air in which people, animals, and plants live
a wall built to hold back water
a sudden flow of water over formerly dry land
a narrow waterway that has been dug across land
to keep someone or something safe
the particles of a solid stay together and vibrate in place
the particles of a liquid stay together and flow past each other
the particles of a gas do not stay together. A gas expands to fit the space it is in.
the process of changing from a solid form to a liquid
the process of changing from a liquid form to a gas
a change in which one type of matter becomes another type of matter
a change in which matter changes its shape or form but does not react with other matter.
Where do the following events probably take place?
Complete this analogy.
Correct these sentences.
tells who or what a sentence is about
tells what the subject does or is
large area of land with common features
the surface features of a place
1. harrys shirt is to small for his brother to borrow
2. the score of the baseball game was dolphins 0, hawks 7
3. Everyone is supposed to stay seated, some face forward, and hold their backpacks on their laps. __________
4. Go down the slide one at a time. ____________
5. steak : dinner :: cereal : ________________
The power to do work
Energy that can change into a form that can do work.
Benito has 24 marbles and Yuri has 12 marbles. Namid has the sum of Benito's and Yuri's marbles. How many marbles do they have in all?