Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The 1900 Galveston Hurricane
Transcript of The 1900 Galveston Hurricane
** There were 6,000 bodies littered across all of Galveston
**It's estimated that the winds reached 150-200 mph
**The tidal surge was about 15-20 ft high
**Highest elevation of Galveston-- 8.7 ft high
**3,600 homes were destroyed, all with a brick or two leftover
**The repair of the storm was $20 million dollars ($700 million in today's money)
http://www.1900storm.com/orphanage.lasso All about The Sea Wall http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galveston_Seawall Following the hurricane,