Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

IB English B - Paper 1

No description
by

Helena Frisk

on 21 January 2013

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of IB English B - Paper 1

External Assesment Details Expectations Text-handling exercises Paper 1 IB English B
First Examinations 2013 Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Weighting: 25%
Paper 1 is based on the core:
communication and media,
global issues
social relationships. Knowledge of vocabulary relevant to the topic
All texts and questions are in the target language (English)
All responses must be written in the target language (English) Questions assess a range of receptive skills such as understanding of overall meaning, scanning texts for particular details, understanding structural features (for example, cross references), functioning in context, and identifying communicative purposes. I made it! Assesses:
you ability to read a range of texts
understanding and interpretation
not your knowledge of the topic'

About the texts:
the text booklet consists of five texts Here are some text types which students are expected to be familiar with. • Article, column
• Blog
• Brochure, leaflet, flyer, pamphlet,
advertisement
• Essay
• Interview in any form
• News report
• Report
• Review
• Set of instructions, guidelines
• Short story, novel, poem
• Written correspondence At HL the student’s understanding and interpretation (but not analysis) of literature are assessed. These are the types of questions that may appear in paper 1. • Choosing which of a number of sentences are true according to the text
• Gap-filling exercises based on comprehension of the text
• Identifying clear inference from concepts (for example, “The text says that 60% of people think x.What does this mean with regards to the remaining 40%?”) • Identifying precise references of key phrases or structures (for example, “In line!x, to whom does theword ‘they’ refer?”)• Identifying related ideas that are in different parts of the text• Identifying specific content items• Identifying whether an explanation or definition is true or false, and finding the evidence for this inthe text • Identifying who says what in a text or a series of short texts• Justifying an interpretation by locating evidence or key phrases (for example, “Where does the authorsay xxx?”)• Matching summary sentences with different paragraphs of the text• Matching words or phrases from the text with definitions• Multiple-choice questions• Short-answer questions
Full transcript