Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Expository Writing
Explain the process of baking a birthday cake
Describe the causes and effects of pollution
Explain the differences between Hinduism and Judaism
Appears in but is not limited to:
Magazine or Newspaper articles
Uses of Expository Writing
The different parts of an expository essay can be looked at like a traffic light. The topic sentence is green because it tells the reader that you are ready to “go,” or that the essay is starting. Your three main reasons are yellow because you are slowing down and giving reasons that support the topic sentence. Your detailed explanations are red, because you are stopping and explaining your reasons. Lastly, your conclusions are green because you are going back to the topic sentence to make you that you are still talking about the topic sentence in your conclusion.
Expository Writing as a Traffic Light!
Examples of Expository Essays
• focus on main topic
• logical supporting facts
• details, explanations, and examples
• smooth transitions
• conclusion wrapping up ideas presented