Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How Three Punks Ruled The World : The History Of Green Day
Transcript of How Three Punks Ruled The World : The History Of Green Day
tHE HISTORY OF GREEN DAY BAND MEMBERS billie joe armstrong
vocals , guitar
born :17 feb 1972
joined: FOUNDING MEMBER 1987 bILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG WAS BORN ON 17TH FEB 1972 IN THE BAY AREA OF CALIFORNIA AND FROM A VERY EARLY AGE WAS DESTINED FOR STARDOM. AT THE AGE OF 5 ARMSTRONG RELESED A SINGLE CALLED LOOK FOR LOVE ON TINY FIAT RECORDS at the age of 10 armstrong met bassist and best friend during middle school . while the pair didn't at first get along they found solice in each other through their love of music in particular heavy metal , they formed a band named truant ( later renamed blood rage ) which was essentally a covers band In 1990, Armstrong met Adrienne Nesser at one of Green Day's early performances in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They married on July 2, 1994, and the day after their wedding, Adrienne discovered she was pregnant. Their first child, Joseph Marciano Armstrong, who was born on February 28, 1995, plays drums in a Berkeley-based band. Their second child, Jakob Danger Armstrong, was born on September 12, 1998. Billie Joe is the co-owner of Adeline Records, along with his wife mike dirnt
bass , vocals
born 4th may 1972
joined : founding member 1987 born to a heroin addict mother , dirnt was adopted . by a couple who divorced when he was seven . three years later he met armstrong , the boys bonded over their mutual love of the ramones , back then known by his real last name of pritchard, mike began calling himself dirnt after the sound made by hammering the string made on an unamplified bass. his personal is quite the open book , in 2009 dirnt was married for the third time , he has soon called brixton who was born in 2008 trE cool ( born frank edwin wainwright III )
BORN: 9 DECEMBER 1972
JOINED: 1991 UNLIKE HIS COUNTERPARTS tre's childhood family life was very stable having both perents . cool started his musical carrer at 12 years old when he joined local band the lookouts , in 1991 cool replaced john kiffmeyer ( original green day drummer circa 87-91 ) to complete the current form of green day .
cool's dad was at this point the trio's tour manager and designated driver. but cool's own stable childhood didn't rub off on his personal life , after being divorced twice cool still remains a devoted father to his daugter ramona and son marco. THE ORIGINS OF GREEN DAY GREEN DAY FORMED 1987 COMPRISING OF MEMBERS
BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG , MIKE DIRNT AND THEN DRUMMER JOHN KIFFERMEYER formed in 1987 green day ( with original drummer al sombrante aka john kiffermeyer) is a punk rock band fom the bay area of california with a difference.
enfusing hard punk riffs and lyrics with smooth pop lyrics which created a new form of punk rock that punk fans hadn't experienced before. through out their 24 year career the bay trio have always strived to progress their sound which is shown in all nine of their albums. green day concerts are still as fresh and exciting today as they were back in green day's prime . the albums: chronicles of power tracklist
1: at the libary
2: don'tleave me
3: i was there
4: dissapearing boy
5: green day
6: going to pasalacqua
8: road to acceptence
10: the judge's daughter tracklist
1: 2000 lightyears away
2: one for the razorbacks
3: welcome to paradise
4: christie road
5: private ale
6: dominated love slave
7: one of my lies
10: no one knows
11: who wrote holden caulfield ?
12: words i might of ate tracklist
2: having a blast
5: welcome to paradise
6: pulling teeth
7: basket case
9: sasafrass roots
10: when i come around
11: coming clean
12: emenius sleepus
14: in the end / all by myself
( hidden track) tracklist
1: armatage shanks
3: stuck with me
4: geek stink breath
5: no pride
6: bab's uvula who ?
8: panic song
9: stuart and the ave
10: BRAin stew
12: westbond sign
13: tight wad hill
14: walking contridiction tracklist
1: nice guys finish last
2: hitchn' a ride
3: the grouch
6: all the time
7: worry rock
8: platypus( i hate you)
10: last ride in
13: walking alone
15: take back
16 king for a day
17: good riddance ( time of your life )
18: prosthetic head tracklist
2: blood,sex and booze
3: church on sunday
4: fashion victim
7: deadbeat holiday
8: hold on
12: macy's day parade tracklist
1: american idiot
2:JESUS OF SUBURBIA: I.jesus of suburbia. II.city of OF THE DAMNED.
III. I DON'T CARE.
IV. DEARLY BELOVED.
V.TALES OF ANOTHER BROKEN HOME
4: BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS
5: ARE WE THE WAITING ?
7: GIVE ME NOVOCAINE
8: SHE'S A REBEL
9: EXTRAORDINARY GIRL
11: WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS
12: HOMECOMING : I.THE DEATH OF ST.JIMMY.
II. EAST 12TH ST.
III. NOBODY LIKES YOU.
IV. ROCK'N' ROLL GIRLFRIEND.
V. WE'RE COMING HOME AGAIN
13: WHATSERNAME TRACKLIST
1: SONG OF THE CENTURY
ACT 1: HEROES AND CONS
2: 21ST CENTURY BREAKDOWN
3: KNOW YOUR ENEMY
4: VIVA LA GLORIA PT 1
5: BEFORE THE LABOTOMY
6: CHRISTIAN'S INFERNO
7: LAST NIGHT ON EARTH
ACT 2: CHARLATANS AND SAINTS
8: EAST JESUS NOWHERE
10: LAST OF THE AMERICAN GIRLS
11: MURDER CITY
12: VIVA LA GLORIA PT 2 : LITTLE GIRL
13: RESTLESS HEART SYNDROME
ACT 3: HORSESHOES AND HANDGRENADES
14: HORSESHOES AND HANDGRENADES
15: THE STATIC AGE
16: 21 GUNS
17: AMERICAN EULOGY
I. MASS HYSTERIA
II. MODERN WORLD
18: SEE THE LIGHT COMPILATION ALBUMS tracklist
. "Maria" 2:47
2. "Poprocks Coke" 2:38
3. "Longview" (from Dookie, 1994) 3:53
4. "Welcome to Paradise" (from Dookie, 1994) 3:44
5. "Basket Case" (from Dookie, 1994) 3:01
6. "When I Come Around" (from Dookie, 1994) 2:58
7. "She" (from Dookie, 1994) 2:14
8. "J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva)" (from the Angus soundtrack, 1995) 2:51
9. "Geek Stink Breath" (from Insomniac, 1995) 2:15
10. "Brain Stew" (from Insomniac, 1995) 3:13
11. "Jaded" (from Insomniac, 1995) 1:30
12. "Walking Contradiction" (from Insomniac, 1995) 2:31
13. "Stuck with Me" (from Insomniac, 1995) 2:15
14. "Hitchin' a Ride" (from Nimrod, 1997) 2:51
15. "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" (from Nimrod, 1997) 2:33
16. "Redundant" (from Nimrod, 1997) 3:18
17. "Nice Guys Finish Last" (from Nimrod, 1997) 2:48
18. "Minority" (from Warning, 2000) 2:47
19. "Warning" (from Warning, 2000) 3:41
20. "Waiting" (from Warning, 2000) 3:11
21. "Macy's Day Parade" (from Warning, 2000) tracklist
1. "Suffocate" B-side of the "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" single (1997) 2:54
2. "Desensitized" B-side of the "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" single (1997) 2:47
3. "You Lied" B-side of the "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" single (1997) 2:26
4. "Outsider" (written by Dee Dee Ramone; originally performed by the Ramones) B-side of the "Warning" single (2000) 2:17
5. "Don't Wanna Fall in Love" B-side of the "Geek Stink Breath" single (1995) 1:39
6. "Espionage" B-side of the "Hitchin' a Ride" single (1997) 3:23
7. "I Wanna Be on T.V." (originally performed by Fang) B-side of the "Geek Stink Breath" single (1995) 1:17
8. "Scumbag" (written by Mike Dirnt) B-side of the "Warning" single (2000) 1:46
9. "Tired of Waiting for You" (written by Ray Davies; originally performed by The Kinks) B-side of the "Basket Case" single (1994) 2:33
10. "Sick of Me" B-side of the "Hitchin' a Ride" single (1997) 2:07
11. "Rotting" B-side of the "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" single (1997) 2:52
12. "Do Da Da" B-side of the "Brain Stew/Jaded" single (1996) 1:30
13. "On the Wagon" B-side of the "Longview" single (1994) 2:48
14. "Ha Ha You're Dead" (written by Mike Dirnt) Previously unreleased 3:07
Total length: 33:23 1990 1992 1994 1995 1997 2000 2004 2009 the lost album: cigerettes and valentines
2003 Cigarettes and Valentines was an unreleased studio album from punk rock band Green Day that would have been the proper follow-up to 2000's Warning. In the summer of 2003, the album was nearly finished when the master recordings of 20 tracks were stolen from the studio. Instead of re-recording the album, the band decided to start from scratch, leading to the creation of American Idiot. 2001 2002 green day played their first ever gig at berkely's own gilman street a venue that is world famous for pretty much pioneering the punk rock scene in california and has been played many world famous punk / punk rock bands such as : the offspring rancid nofx bad religion ramones the side projects foxboro hot tubs the network Genres: New Wave/ punk rock
Years active 2003-2005 (hiatus) Members of The Network include Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tré Cool and Jason White, all of whom are most famous for their work as the band Green Day. The stage names of The Network are Fink, The Snoo, Van Gough, Captain Underpants and Balducci.
Armstrong denies the involvement of any Green Day members in The Network. Although the style of music is different (New Wave as opposed to Green Day's pop-punk style), but Warner/Chappell Music cites the three Green Day members as having writing credits for The Network's album Money Money 2020 Origin San Francisco Bay Area – Oakland, California, United States
Genres Garage punk, rock and roll
Years active 2007–present The Foxboro Hot Tubs is a side project of Green Day. All members of the band perform live with Green Day (with the exception of Kevin Preston) . Their debut album, Stop Drop and Roll!!! was released on April 22, 2008.
As with Green Day's suspected other side project (The Network), Billie Joe Armstrong adopted an alter ego who goes by the name Reverend Strychnine Twitch. In 2008, the band embarked on a small tour in the Bay Area, touring tiny club venues. but how did green day get so gid i hear you ask !!! they made it big through determination , and giving their fans the shows and the music they deserve . not only that but they alway try to make their act new and exciting with every tour , like last tour they invited thier fans onstage to play a few songs with them and some times forming small bands . not only that but they had the incentive to create one of the most popular genre's of music by combining the tempo the harsh riffage of punk with the lyrics and melody to form ..................... pop punk pinhead gunpowder Pinhead Gunpowder is an American punk rock band formed East Bay, California, in 1990. The band has consisted of Aaron Cometbus (drums, lyrics), Bill Schneider (bass), Billie Joe Armstrong (guitar, vocals) and Jason White (guitar, vocals) for the majority of its existence. Mike Kirsch (guitar, vocals) was the original guitarist, in place of White, but left the band citing personal differences with Green Day (the band for which Billie Joe Armstrong is most famous) and their major label debut album Dookie (1994). The band's name comes from a brand of "high octane" green tea served at the Arcata co-op and discovered serendipitously by Aaron Cometbus during one of his many dumpster diving adventures. examples of their work not only that but green day keep their bay area punk sensibilities , even when they hit the big time , in the 90's green day was the voice of the young and the reckless , the children of the damned , they talked about all the things young people wanted to talk about , because they themselves were just kids .