Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
IBM and Scala
Transcript of IBM and Scala
IBM InfoSphere Data Explorer
Is slow to change
Is less productive than newer alternatives
We build connectors
Weak Tool Support
Steep Learning Curve
Small talent pool
Reaching new heights with Scala
Java was a major leap forward, but today Java...
Same number of lines of code,
3 Months to code complete
Data Explorer Connectivity Team
Fits perfectly within our existing infrastructure
Business-friendly OSS License
Just another JAR
Complete rewrite of an existing connector
Relational Database Invented
RISC architecture invented
Deep Blue defeated the world chess champion
WebSphere Application Server 1.0 Released
Watson Wins on Jeopordy
Shortest POC connector dev project to date
1 week to a functioning connector
Developed for a Proof of Concept
Lacks modern features
bug found by QA