Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Culture Wars
What is Art?
Who says so?
"If we wish to maintain artistic institutions--schools, museums--which are fit for human beings to create and view art in, and not merely corporate mantlepieces, then we must be prepared to stand by unpopular works of art..."
"None of the funds to be appropriated for art that may be considered obscene...which when taken as a whole, do not have serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value..."
First Amendment Rights = Freedom of Speech
Why Censorship is Un-American
Culture Wars of the late 1980s
Key Players: Senator Jesse Helms vs.
Robert Mapplethorpe, Andres Serrano
Rise of rating systems for films, music, video games.