Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of green logistics
-THE REAL COSTS OF THINGS.
-ECONOMY, SOCIETY AND ENVIROMENT.
-QUESTIONS. - Green logistics encourages all stakeholders to consider the impact of their actions on the environment.
- The main objective of Green logistics is to coordinate the activities within a supply chain in such a way their needs are met at "least cost" to the environment. JENNIFER BOADA
CAMILA URDANETA BUT THERE IS A WAY TO MINIMIZE THEM …. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO TALK ABOUT -Green logistics seeks to ensure that decisions made today
do not have an adverse impact on future generations.
-Green supply chains seek to reduce negative impact
by redesigning sourcing, distribution systems and managing
reverse logistics so as to eliminate unnecessary movements
and dumping of packaging. -Packaging represents one of the greatest challenges to environmental friendly logistics while at the same time being vital in shipping and storage.
-Correct or incorrect packaging has consequences for how much of a product can be stored, how it is stored and or transported in a given space. This packaging is only used once and then discarded. real cost In the past “cost” has been defined in purely monetary terms.
"cost" can now also be understood as the external costs of logistics associated with: climate change, air pollution, dumping waste (including packaging waste), soil degradation, noise, vibration and accidents. there is a responsibility for the supplier
and the buyer to recover and recycle or
effectively dispose of packaging TRANSPORTATION Logistics and transport activities have
been identified as having a major impact
on the environment in which we all live. The ISO 14000 series of standards provides a formal system for the management of environmental matters. THANK
YOU conclusions is very important to take care of the enviroment and its resources.
this are some questions you should ask your self when you are in a organization:
- what environmental risks do your organization's activities pose?
- do the materials you use pose any danger?
- do you know what quantity and type of waste you produce?
- do you know how this waste is disposed of and what the cost is? reverse logistics ?