Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
An investigation into whether gene structure can lead to advantages in swimming performance.
Transcript of An investigation into whether gene structure can lead to advantages in swimming performance.
15 given out, 13 returned Intelligence Growth Biology Books News Journals Websites An investigation into whether gene structure can lead to advantages in swimming performance. My Plan 1. Secondary
Research 2. Primary
Research 3. Write up Genetics Olympians Questions based on both training and genetic theories Given to swimmers at Flitwick Dolphins Swimming Club over 13 Answers to data questions measured by myself Swimmers from club to national level Recommendations for Further Research My Strengths My Weaknesses Any Questions? Thank You For Listening Laura Mackey My EPQ Journey Michael Phelps Missy Franklin Genetics Sport Instinct Swimming 4. Presentation Books Internet News Questionnaire Interview Internet Research Primary
Research Timing Motivation My Questionnaire My Results Measurements Conclusions New skills Essay
Writing Harvard Referencing Using Prezi Making
Graphs Aims and Objectives 1. What genes cause physical apperance?
2. Physical attributes of a swimmer.
3. The advantages of training.
4. Any other factors? Is gene doping possible? High blood volume and high affinity for oxygen Twin research Genetics Training Matthew Syed Malcolm Gladwell Michael Phelps Missy Franklin Dr Kevin Thompson Mike Rennie Genetics : Training 60:40 10,000 Hour Theory Matthew Syed Elite Athletes Williams Sisters Malcolm Gladwell Genes code for height Tall, Large Wing Span Matt Ridley 55: 45 Success of swimmers who have trained for over 8 years Correlation between height and arm span Average training hours per week for each swimming level Resource Analsyis